I provide individual and couples/family counseling from a strength-based and hopeful perspective. This includes identifying and building on the coping strengths and life skills of each person.
My Treatment Strengths Include:.
- Counseling for stepparents.
- Grief and loss experiences thoughout life including the transitions of marriage, divorce, moving, unemployment, retirement from work, school and career changes.
- Bereavement due to the death of a loved one.
- Adults abused as children
- Chronic loss situations due to ongoing medical conditions
- Disenfranchised Grief (losses that are not validated or recognized by society by custom or tradition).
- The loss of a beloved pet.
- Men's Issues. Fatherhood Concerns
- Depression and Anxiety Concerns.
- Counseling for survivors of Trauma and Traumatic Experiences
- Couples Counseling/Pre-marital counseling
- Parenting Challenges
- Work Stress, Boss Stress, and Career issues
- Stress Management
- Drug Addiction & Recovery
- Growing past childhood family dysfunction as adults.
- Concerns of adoption (before and after adoption).
- Coping with the loss of impaired fertility of infertility.
- Finding meaning and purpose as a Senior.
- Young adults coping with life transitions and finding purpose.
- Midlife concerns (fatherhood, motherhood, career ambivalence, lost dreams, etc.).
- Counseling for resilient individuals who are overcoming great odds to survive...and eventually thrive!
- LMFT, LPCC and Social Work Students: I offer a special discounted rate for students who need personal counseling hours for their graduate program. See "Rates & Insurance" page for more information.
My approach to counseling honors the cultural and spiritual practices that give special meaning and purpose to an individual's life and family. My practice strives for:
-Straightforward and understandable office policies and procedures.
-Simple, pay as you go fee agreements-that never change during your treatment.
-Effective, up-to-date, and personalized treatment.
What you can expect:
You can expect my best effort with each new client that I agree to work with in counseling. I take in and hold each patient in my heart and mind. I take this responsibility very seriously and spend time thinking about how best to help each client with their particular situation.
In a comfortable, and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to the needs of each individual, couple or family to help them find the hope, healing and meaning they are seeking.