Randy's Top 10! Again!
Before you utilize your insurance company to pay for your mental health care, consider the other "costs" of using your insurance and the "benefits" of paying for therapy as you go, below!
Randy's Top 10 reasons to keep your insurance company out of your mental health treatment!
1. Greater peace of mind, and an increased sense of empowerment-
because you will have more control over your own treatment, and
more control about which therapist you choose to work with-you
decide who is the best match for your needs!
2. Your therapy will move at a pace that you ultimately decide rather
than a pace your insurance company promotes by limiting sessions,
or by prescribing specific goals to reach for each session.
3. If you work with Randy, you will know what to expect financially-the
cost of therapy per session will never go up during a particular
course of treatment.
4. Your therapy will have increased privacy because your confidiential
mental health information will not end up in the data base of an
insurance company-and perhaps stay there forever.
5. Your treatment plan will place a greater emphasis on collaberation-
working together as a team-to arrive at goals most important to you.
6. More opportunity to focus on personal growth-to focus on the things
that matter most to you, rather than simply symptom reduction.
7. Greater confidentiality, because your diagnostic information is kept
confidential-rather than generating a paper trail that could
possibly affect you later.
8. Your therapy will place greater emphasis on the importance of
establishing a therapeutic relationship that you can count on rather
than emphazing the number of sessions left in treatment.
9. Greater emphasis on identifying and building on client strengths
and life skills, less emphasis on "pathology" and fitting into a
10. Greater emphasis on meeting the practical, relevant needs of
each client using common sense, and an eye for what works for
a particular individual, couple or family.
These are some of the differences that really make a difference!